The Creative Cullompton Cultural Programme has now ended.
Creative Cullompton was a three-year cultural initiative funded by Historic England as part of the High Street Heritage Action Zone Cultural Programme and ran alongside the larger Mid Devon District Council High Street Heritage Action Zone Regeneration Programme. Cullompton was one of more than 60 High Streets in England to be awarded a cultural grant.
Creative Cullompton ran between 2021- 2024. The aim of the programme was to breathe new life into the Cullompton High Street by bringing new and exciting creative and cultural activities to the heart of the town.
Creative Cullompton offered a wide range of community activities throughout the three years including:
- A rolling series of free taster arts and craft workshops
- The creation and installation of six new pieces of collaborative community artwork
- Creation of the online Cullompton History Archive – Historic Cullompton – https://www.historiccullompton.co.uk/
- History talks and exhibitions
- Support for the existing Cullompton festivals including providing free family activities and entertainment as part of the festivals
- Hosted Cullompton’s first ever Roman Festival
- Supported the formation of ACTiv8 Youth Theatre in Cullompton
Scroll down to have a look at our gallery below:
Pics 1 – 30 courtesy of Kathy Coley Photography
Pics 34 – 42 courtesy of Appleton Event Photography
Pics 47, 48, 53, 56 Appleton Event Photography
Pics 59 – 65 courtesy of Lewis Clarke
Pics 67 – 72 courtesy of Lewis Clarke
The Creative Cullompton Programme was led by a Consortium of local organisations and was supported by a number of local partners and stakeholder organisations: